In those instances where the Astrodienst Atlas Query on astro.com is insufficient, there's a way to use Google maps to find this precise information. Below are 10 step-by-step instructions with pictures on how to do that. If you are careful and follow these precisely, I guarantee you can find the location of any little house or piece of rock in the world. The accuracy of Google is probably not to one second of arc, owing to the projection limitations of such photographs, but it's close enough to the real coordinates to have you build your astrology chart with the most precise Ascendant and Midheaven.
Let's say you want to pinpoint the exact location of your computer desk, in your office building, so that you can do even more precise horary astrology.
Let's say you work at the Oval Office in the White House in Washington DC
1. Open Google Maps
2. Search for Oval Office
3. Zoom in to get a close view of the House and locate your office and computer desk
4. At the top right-hand corner of the screen, click on "Link"
5. Copy and paste the link in a text editor
6. Take out all the gibberish except the last figures in the link. They correspond to the approximate latitude and longitude of your office
7. Copy these figures in your clipboard
8. Paste these figures in the Google Maps search box (as if you were looking again for this place). You'll obtain the sexagesimal degrees of latitude and longitude of a place very near the Oval Office.
9. Zoom in to obtain a good view of the roof of your office building
10. Tweak the figures in the Google search box until you get the exact location of your computer on your desk in the Oval Office in the White House in Washington
|If you wish to post a comment or write to me, this is my email.|